Pro-Life and the Gabriel Project have events to promote the sanctity of life and help moms in crisis pregnancies. Pro-Life and Gabriel Angels meet on the third Thursday evening of each month. We meet for mass at 6:30 PM Thursday and stay for Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament to lift up in prayer the people we are serving. Following Adoration we have a brief meeting in Claretian Hall, room 2.
Are you pregnant and need help? How we can help:
· Central toll-free helpline1-877-WE CARE 2
· Confidential needs assessment
· Parish “Angel” friend for support
· Provide baby needs: diapers, clothes and other needs
· Additional help from parish ministries, Catholic Charities, crisis pregnancy centers and other community resources
How you can help the Gabriel Project:
· Donations may be made at the church office, Non food items
· Your donation of money will be put to good use
· Tell us If you have or know of resources, such as low rent rooms or apartments, storage space for donations, or if you can clean and organize donations.
· Take training to become a Gabriel Angel (visit link for times and locations: http://www.austindiocese.org/offices-ministries/offices/pro-life-activities-and-chaste-living-office/ministries/gabriel-project-3)
Volunteers are needed to answer and respond to calls made to the Diocesan Pro-Life Helpline. Most calls are from women facing a difficult pregnancy or women and men turning to the church for help after an abortion. There is a great need for Helpline Angels from throughout the diocese and training will be provided. Talk with our Pastoral Care Coordinator and she will help you decide if you are called to this important ministry. Helpline Angel Training will be held at St. William Parish in Round Rock on June 13. For more information or to register for the training, contact Mary Helen Russell at (512) 949-2488.